Here is a little something for all of you who haven't decided yet where to spend your next holidays.
Our little country is a true gem nestled between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea. It is one of the greenest countries in Europe and a perfect destination for all nature lovers. Mountains and sea, rivers and lakes, more than 10000 caves, green forests, 4 beautiful seasons, secret waterfalls and lots of LOVE. We have it all!
We love it here and we are sure you will too. Visit Slovenia! Now!
1. Early risers are rewarded with jaw dropping sunrises
Lake Bled by Jošt Gantar, www.jostgantar.com
2. It's hard to decide what is kitschier: the clouds, the cottage or the purple crocus carpet
Velika planina by Ana Pogačar, www.anapogacar.smugmug.com
3. She is a hiker's paradise
View from Mt. Špik in the heart of the Julian Alps by Anže Čokl, www.anzecokl.com
4. She is an adventurer's playground
Backcountry skiing in Slovenian Alps by Anže Čokl, www.anzecokl.com
5. Your kids will want to stay forever
Črnava Lake near Kranj by Aleš Zdešar, www.aleszdesar.si
6. Even your dogs will love her
Happy friends by Maja Rokavec, www.majarokavec.com
7. The snowcapped mountains will blow your mind
Slovenian Alps from the air by Luka Esenko, www.lukaesenko.com
8. She is stunningly beautiful even when she's foggy
Jamnik church near Kranj by Janez Tolar, www.facebook.com/JanezTolarPhotoPage
9. Or frozen
Peričnik waterfall in winter by Ana Pogačar, www.anapogacar.smugmug.com
10. Yes! This is also her!
Hidden corner of Slovenian coast by Jaka Ivančič, www.jakaivancic.si
11. She is amazing also from the inside
Konasnica cave by Peter Gedei, www.petergedei.com
12. Mornings are purple
Sunrise above Ljubljana Marshes by Janez Tolar, www.facebook.com/JanezTolarPhotoPage
13. Autumns are golden
Fall colors in Julian Alps by Ana Pogačar, www.anapogacar.smugmug.com
14. You can explore her mysterious rivers
Soca river by Luka Esenko, www.lukaesenko.com
15. But it will take a lifetime to discover all her secrets
Secret waterfall in the Soca valley by Miha Gantar, www.slovenia-trips.com
16. You can lose yourself in her flower fields
Daffodil carpet above Jesenice by Miro Podgoršek, www.mphoto.si
17. And you'll find your balance
Lake Bohinj by Andy Aungthwin, www.thelightinbohinj.com
18. And your peace
Sunrise in Slovenian Alps by Matevž Lavrič, www.matevzlavric.blogspot.com
19. She has LOVE in her vineyards
Vineyards near Zgornja Kungota (Maribor) by Miha Gantar, www.slovenia-trips.com
20. On her rocks
Hiking marker (left) by Miha Gantar and fossil remains (right) by Aleš Zdešar, www.aleszdesar.si
21. And even in her name!
p.s. Many thanks to all above mentioned Slovenian photographers who are doing amazing job capturing the unforgettable moments and promoting Slovenia.
Author: Miha Gantar, April 24th, 2014